Donate   |   Sign In   |   Join
Lab Girl
Moderator(s): Georgina Moreno
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
What are some of the hardships Jahren discusses? 1 G. Moreno funding. getting enough sleep. respect,
by J. Artley
Friday, September 30, 2016
Will you ever take a tree—or any plant life—for granted again? 1 G. Moreno No, I won't. Before this book, I did not care about plants. After reading this book, plants now share a special place in my heart.
by M. Quast
Friday, September 30, 2016
mental health 0 G. Moreno What are your thoughts on Jahren's struggle with manic depression and how it has affected her life and work?
by G. Moreno
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
What do you find most remarkable in Jahren's descriptions of the wonders of 0 G. Moreno What do you find most remarkable in Jahren's descriptions of the wonders of the natural world? Consider, for instance, the sheer numbers of the plant world. Or how the willow tree clones itself...or the symbiotic relationship between trees and fungi...or the airborne signals of trees in their perennial war against insects (Questions by LitLovers).
by G. Moreno
What are the parallels Jahren draws between plants and herself? 0 G. Moreno One of the literary tropes Jahren uses in her memoir is the comparison of plant life with human life. Talk about the parallels she draws between her subjects and herself. In what ways are we all similar to our rooted, blossoming brethren? Do you see those parallels in your own life (Questions by LitLovers)?
by G. Moreno
how does your upbringing influence your dedication to science? 0 G. Moreno How did Jahren's upbringing help determine her dedication to science? Consider her father's background as a science teacher and her mother's love of English literature (Questions by LitLovers).
by G. Moreno
Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal