Donate   |   Sign In   |   Join
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Moderator(s): Georgina Moreno
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Documentary about HeLa cells 3 F. Bernardi Thanks for posting this link, Francesca!
by G. Moreno
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Radiolab Podcast about Henrietta Lacks 1 G. Moreno Wow! I didn't know this podcast existed. It was awesome to hear Rebecca and Deborah discuss this story. Also, the ten minute video, "Living Human Cells in Culture", was very interesting to watch. It definitely made me thankful that technology has vastly improved in the science world. :)
by M. Quast
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
What did you think of the book? 1 M. Quast Personally, I liked the book. My mother got me into reading this book back in high school. I thought the story was very interesting, however, I also felt conflicted about the story. I understood both sides' perspectives, but still was not able to choose a side. On one hand, the tissue that was taken from Henrietta Lacks was going towards research and was also waste, so it normally wouldn't have mattered. However, this case had a big discovery and the Lacks family was kept out of the loop. :( I also listened to this book, and it was fun listening to the author of the book say the words she wrote. It helped give me a better understanding on her emotion behind every word and the journey she took to write this book.
by M. Quast
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal