Community of Science: www.cos.com
- A database of scholarship and research funding opportunities; not free, but your university may have institutional access
- Bear in mind that many universities are registered non-profit organizations and therefore funding for non-profits might be available
- Society of Toxicology: http://www.toxicology.org/ai/af/awards.aspx
- Numerous awards for scientists, post docs and students related to the field of toxicology
- Life Sciences Research Foundation Fellowship: http://www.lsrf.org/pages/welcome.htm (Due October)
- LSRF awards fellowships across the spectrum of the life sciences: biochemistry; cell, developmental, molecular, plant, structural, organismic population and evolutionary biology; endocrinology; immunology; microbiology; neurobiology; physiology; virology.
- Similar structure as NSF postdoc
- Only one LSRF fellow allowed in a lab at any given time
- U.S. citizens are eligible to work in any geographic location while holding an LSRF fellowship. Non-U.S. citizens must work in a U.S. laboratory to be eligible for an LSRF fellowship.
- NSF Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Biology: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2012/nsf12497/nsf12497.htm (due October)
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens (or nationals) or permanent residents of the United States (i.e., have a “green card”) at deadline.
- National Institutes of Heath: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/index.html (due December)
- Applicants must be citizens or non-citizen nationals of the United States, or have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- L’Oreal Women in Science fellowships: http://www.aaas.org/programs/education/loreal.shtml (due December)
- International scholarships also available
- SDE/GWIS Graduate Women in Science fellowships: National Fellowship Program (due January)
- All women scientists that are conducting research in the natural sciences regardless of nationality are eligible for application for any of the SDE/GWIS Fellowships.
- Branco Weiss Postdoc Fellowship: http://www.society-in-science.org (due February)
- Helen Hay Whitney Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship: http://www.hhwf.org/HTMLSrc/ResearchFellowships.html
- Supports early postdoctoral research training in all basic biomedical sciences.
- EMBO Fellowships: http://www.embo.org/funding-awards/fellowships (various due dates)
- The EMBO Long-Term Fellowships are awarded for a period of up to two years and support post-doctoral research visits to laboratories throughout Europe and the world. International exchange is a key feature in the application process. All fellowships must involve movement between countries and one of those countries must be an EMBC Member State.
- Human Frontier Science Program: http://www.hfsp.org/funding/postdoctoral-fellowships
- HFSP postdoctoral fellowships encourage early career scientists to broaden their research skills by moving into new areas of study while working in a new country.
- Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship Program: http://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/FordFellowships/PGA_047960 (due November)
- For underrepresented groups in the US
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund: http://www.bwfund.org/pages/52/Grant-Programs/
- Various scholarships in medical and biomedical research
- New England Anti-Vivisection Society (NEAVS): http://alternativestoanimalresearch.org/afaar/programs
$40,000 postdoctoral fellowship grant for a woman interested in and committed to developing, validating, or using non-animal alternatives in the investigation of women’s health or sex differences.
Applications are due by Dec. 15, 2014
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program: http://www.nsfgrfp.org
- Students at US institutions in the early stages of predoctoral study
- NSF Doctoral Disseration Improvement Grant: http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=5234 (due October)
- Students in later stages of predoctoral study
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship Program: http://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/FordFellowships/PGA_047958 (due November)
- For underrepresented groups in the US
- EPA STAR (Science to Achieve Results) Fellowship: http://www.epa.gov/ncer/fellow/ (due November)